WSL Sport & Leisure is looking for a Yard Technician is responsible for maintaining order and cleanliness for the Dealerships service yards and service docks. Keeping these areas safe is primary and maintaining the equipment needed to do these tasks. He / she will also act as an assistant to the Service Techs when required by the Service Advisor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining security in all areas of the property. This includes unlocking the service yards and launch in the mornings and locking them back up after each work day.
- Ensuring Units are properly secured and clean, removing snow, water and debris.
- Preparing units for service work as scheduled by the service advisor.
- Accepting deliveries of major units, pallets.
- Assisting Customers with off loading units for service. This includes tagging and moving the unit to the correct staging area immediately after drop off.
- Keeping the areas around the site free of debris. This includes returnable crates, scrap metal, garbage etc. All of these items need to be put in the designated spaces.
- Maintaining service vehicles. This includes checking fluid levels, tire pressures and fuel levels and recording in the vehicle log book. Filling service fuel cans.
Qualifications and Qualities:
- Confident operating yard equipment such as a Skid steer forklift.
- Current drivers Licence, Boater license
- Confident in trailering
- Clean appearance with uniform and a pleasant personality, good communication skills and the ability to relate well to customers.
- Physically fit.
- Strong attention to detail
Job type: Full-time