Are you safety minded, mechanically inclined, and looking for an opportunity to utilize your mechanical skills and knowledge? This position offers the opportunity to service a diverse range of heavy-duty equipment and trucks at a well-established shop in western Manitoba. If you take pride in providing quality service, are committed to excellence, and have a safety conscious attitude, apply today!
This position can be filled as a regular employee or as a contract Truck & Transport Mechanic.
We are offering a cash referral payment for any referrals who are successfully hired! So, if this position isn’t a match for you, share it with a friend or call us to make a referral!
WHAT WE CAN OFFER TO YOU:
• Competitive wage scale with performance-based incentives.
• Signing bonus available.
• Relocation and settlement assistance provided (within Canada).
• Full health and dental benefits.
• Paid vacation time.
• Strong mentorship and training opportunities
• Well established shop setting and equipment.
• Opportunities for training, professional development, and career growth.
• Tool and boot allowance provided.
• Supportive and positive work environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Complete thorough and quality diagnostics, service, maintenance, and necessary repairs on heavy duty trucks, trailers, and equipment.
• Follow a guided service schedule and maintain regular communication about recommendations, repairs, status/completion times, and concerns.
• Track and record the specifics of repairs completed and parts used.
• See job description for further details.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• Combination of related experience and education are required.
• Ability to troubleshoot and effectively solve heavy duty mechanical issues.
• Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Class 3 with Air Drivers License an asset.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 75 pounds and perform physically demanding tasks.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Holly Van Zeben, HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, call our office at 204-727-0008.
Only the applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR OUR CLIENT?
Further information about our client, the employer, will be shared with candidates who are being considered for the role. If you are interested in this opportunity, we encourage you to apply and we look forward to reviewing your resume
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
1. We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
2. We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them.
3. If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
4. The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.
Job type: Full-time