Position: Recreation Leader – Multi Sport
Cochrane Multisport is a collaborative project, for children 6-7 years old, between community sport organizations and Sport for Life Cochrane with the support of the Town of Cochrane and community stakeholders.
Our vision is to grow children through sport by providing opportunities to develop the skills and confidence to enjoy the positive benefits of a quality, first sport experience.
The program will run for 10 months (September 12, 2017 to June 14, 2018) with a maximum of 30 children. Sessions will run twice a week for one hour each. All sessions will take place at Elizabeth Barrett School from 5:00-6:00pm on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Qualified coaches from various local sport organizations will be working with the kids each week to teach them the fundamentals skills and movements of their sport. Children will receive approximately 4 weeks of programming for 10 different sports.
We are seeking proactive, positive, and outgoing individuals to join our leadership team. If you are interested in sport and recreation and want to get involved in the Cochrane community this position is for you! This position will allow successful candidates to gain experience working with children, share their passion for sport, and gain leadership experience.
• Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the program
• Greet families and take attendance
• Be aware of the participants needs, ensure you are aware of the medical and other needs of the
participants as listed on the participant list at the program.
• Assist the sport coaches with set up of equipment for the activities
• Make recommendations to the coaches based on what you know about the participants’ skill
levels and activities in prior sports
• Ask the sport coaches how to assist in the program delivery, whether it is a sport specific station
or delivery of a general fundamental movement station
• Play, role model and assist the participants with the skills they are developing.
• Recreation Leader should be constantly interacting with the participants.
• Assist with any injuries, conflicts or participant needs to enable to the coaches to continue to lead the programming.
• In the event of an emergency ensure procedures are followed and maintain a leadership role in communicating with parents and participants.
• Assist with clean up that is required for the facility (sweeping, equipment away, lights off)
• Ensure all participants have been picked up prior to leaving the facility
• Stay in consistent communication with supervisors about availability, issues, successes and
• Other duties as assigned
• Completed or working towards High School Diploma
• Current CPR
• Available Tuesday and /or Thursday evenings 5:00pm-6:00pm September 2017-June 2018
• Experience working with kids as a caregiver, recreation leader, instructor, coach or related role.
• $15 per session (1 hr)
To apply for the Recreation Leader position please send resume to [email protected] by Monday, August 21, 2017.
Job type: Hourly