Education, Outreach, and Programming Coordinator
Posted on August 10, 2017. Region: Estevan, SK
EDUCATION, OUTREACH, AND PROGRAMMING COORDINATOR
Terms: Temporary Full Time (October 16, 2017 – October 16, 2018)
Work Location: 118 4th Street, Estevan, Saskatchewan
Language of Work: English
The Estevan Art Gallery and Museum encourages involvement in the dissemination and development of artistic, cultural, and historical practices, by bringing to the people of Southern Saskatchewan a balanced program of exhibits, collections and public programming.
We focus on two areas to reflect our rapidly expanding social and cultural diversity:
- We are a public art gallery that offers a free exchange of ideas and perspectives
- We are a public museum that offers the interpretation of ideas and perspectives concentrating on the history of the Northwest Mounted Police and Indigenous people of southeastern Saskatchewan.
The Estevan Art Gallery and Museum is currently seeking a motivated, progressive, organized and community oriented Curator with expertise in contemporary art to add to our vibrant team.
Working together with the Director, the Education, Outreach, and Programming Coordinator will be responsible for the development, delivery and marketing of Estevan Art Gallery and Museum’s programs, including education, exhibition and outreach. Initiating research and development, the Education, Outreach, and Programming Coordinator will create programming that explores, mirrors, endorses and exemplifies our commitment to our audience’s engagement and further understanding of contemporary art and heritage. The ideal candidate will express education and audience development innovation, presenting a diverse program of classes, outreach and in-house activities. Necessary to this position is the ability to cultivate relationships with our audiences, teachers, colleagues/peers and stakeholders.
The Education, Outreach, and Programming Coordinator will:
- Develop resources and Saskatchewan curriculum based tools for school and community offices.
- Provide tours of exhibitions to school and community groups
- Reach out to diverse communities within southeast Saskatchewan, with a particular focus on communities facing barriers.
- Lead and develop all education events, assist with exhibition and other gallery events, including marketing, organizing and coordination of such events.
- Responsible for grant writing for education based activities.
- Develop new partnership and programs
- Network and develop relationships amongst the southeast Saskatchewan community and beyond.
- Act as a support to volunteers and other staff
The successful candidate will possess:
- Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Fine Arts, Museum Studies, History or a related discipline;
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of Canadian and, preferably, Saskatchewan contemporary art;
- Demonstrated experience developing curriculum based education programming;
- Experience marketing, particularly using social media, website authoring a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and consultation skills, both orally and in writing;
- Superior organizational skills, detail-oriented focus and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Thee ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with other staff/colleagues at all levels of operation;
- Demonstrated planning and project management skills in a professional museum or gallery setting;
- Well-developed computer skills in both PC/MAC platforms.
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter in PDF format to [email protected]
Applications can also be sent by post to:
Amber Andersen, Director
Estevan Art Gallery and Museum
118 4th Street
Estevan, Saskatchewan, S4A 0T4
We welcome applications from individuals who reflect the diversity of our visitors. This position will be posted until filled. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: September 18, 2017, 6PM CST.
Job type: Full-time