Posted on September 20, 2022. Primary Region: Portage la Prairie, MB
Shur-Gro Farm Services is an independent agricultural input retailer. We supply crop nutrition and protection products as well as custom application and consulting services to our customers.
We are looking for an exceptional person for our sales staff in Elie, Mb. The applicant will get to interact on a first-hand basis with both growers and industry representatives. Our success depends on the quality of our people. We offer very competitive compensation / benefit packages, and a healthy work environment that fosters professional growth.
Key areas of Duties:
• Be the primary liaison between the customer and Shur-Gro, with intent on selling the entire suite of products and services that Sur-Gro provides.
• Develop strong business relationships with our farm customers based on sound agronomy and customer service.
• Be a key part of the sales team in our Elie, Mb. office and represent our brand within the community and surrounding service area.
• Consult with growers on all aspects of crop production, including crop rotations, crop protection, variety selections, and fertility management.
• Evaluate and implement fertility and integrated pest management programs with the grower to assist them by supplying the proper solution.
• Conduct field diagnosis of crop health issues including weeds, insects, diseases, and nutrient deficiencies.
• Give recommendations on the proper use of crop input products to address agronomic concerns of farm customers to assist them by supplying the proper product or service to meet their needs.
• Consistently develop knowledge of new products in crop protection, fertilizer, and seed technologies.
If you share our passion for agriculture in general and specifically, crop production and customer relationship building, please consider this opportunity. Shur-Gro has an industry reputation for operating with integrity, an unprecedented record of staff retention, and a winning-team philosophy. A great career awaits the right person.
Resumes should be sent prior to Friday, October 7, 2022 to ensure they are considered in the application process.
Please send resume to:
3-932 Douglas Street
Fax: 204-727-8470 Phone: 204-724-5749
Thank you to all applicants for their interest; however only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time