EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Internal/External
Human Resources Clerk
Contract Position for one year with possible extension
Location – AAFS Administration Office, Wauzhushk Onigum Nation
Highly organized and detailed oriented, the Human Resources Clerk is responsible to prepare and coordinate staff recruitment and selection, provide administration orientation, conduct reference checks, and file maintenance, termination processes, Group Benefits and Pension Plan administration and all related HR letters such as, but not limited to, letters of offer, performance appraisals, recommendation of placement on scale, discipline, leaves, and terminations.
• Community College Diploma, or High School Diploma with four (4) years direct experience; however, a combination of related education, experience, and skills may be considered;
• Knowledge of Customary Care, member First Nation communities and social structures, Anishinaabe family systems, as well as local customs and traditions;
• Knowledge of the administrative structure and operations of Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services including policy, procedures and guidelines;
• Must be committed to ensure the highest level of confidentiality; thorough understanding that all Human Resources matters must be kept highly confidential;
• Excellent organization, time management, planning, and problem-solving skills;
• Experience working in an automated HRIS environment;
• Ability to facilitate and participate in the recruitment of new staff including preparation and distribution of job advertisements, interview schedules, interview panels, reference checks, placements on scale, and letters of offer;
• Ability to provide Administration Orientation for all new staff;
• Ability to collect personnel information for all new staff and maintain confidential personnel files to ensure all documentation is on file according to policy and procedures;
• Ability to prepare new hire forms for new staff, salary changes and terminations;
• Ability to administer the Group Benefit and Pension Plans, new hire enrolments, and act as liaison between the benefit providers and the staff;
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills;
• Must possess a valid Ontario G Driver’s License, be willing to travel and provide a Drivers Abstract;
• Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and a definite asset.
The work will be normally performed in a typical interior and office environment located in the offices of AAFS. The position will require the incumbent to sit for long periods of time at a desk, walk, stand, bend, stoop, crouch and stretch. Use of arms, hands or fingers in typing, handing, carrying objects and repetitive movements. The noise level environment is usually quiet to moderate. Travel to semi-remote Anishinaabe communities on rough and winding class “C” roadways and in various weather conditions may be required.
AAFS requires all employees, contractors, students, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent of a valid medical exemption or other reasonable consideration pursuant to the Human Rights Code of Ontario.
Salary Range: $48,327 - $59,270 per annum
Benefits: This contract position is eligible for 4 weeks paid vacation, Extended Health, Dental, AD&D and Group Life benefits and voluntary participation in the AAFS Pension program.
We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the First Nations communities that we serve. Preference will be given to Internal and/or Indigenous applicants. Please self-identify upon applying.
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request.
Applicants resumes may be used to create a qualified candidates list for recruitment of other positions within our organization.
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QUOTING FILE #HRC20221005 to:
Manager of Human Resources by Email: AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca
or c/o 20 Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7 Fax: (807) 548-1345
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION IS: WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 05, 2022 at 4:30pm
Job type: Contract