Posted on September 21, 2022. Primary Region: Dryden, ON
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – INTERNAL/EXTERNAL
COVID-19 Crisis Response Worker
Full Time Contract Position until March 31, 2023
Location – Shoal Lake #40
The COVID-19 Crisis Response Worker (C-19CRW) is full-time temporary contract position and is considered part of the Prevention Services team based out of Kenora.
The C-19CRW will provide immediate resources to communities impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic. The C-19CRW mobilizes resources to address individual/group needs. Primary responsibilities are to ensure commitment to quality, client safety, and risk management initiatives. C-19CRW services are also extended to caregivers and family members.
• Community College or High School Diploma with two years community and/or family support experience, however, a combination of related education, experience and skills may be considered
• Availability to work a variety of shifts (days, evenings, nights), adhere to a provided schedule and within designated locations and areas
• Willingness to work both indoors and outdoors
• Willingness to wear protective apparel (mask, gloves and gowns)
• Demonstrated strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Problem Solving and decision-making skills
• Sound judgement and conflict management skills
• Reliability and punctuality
• Committed to ensure the highest level of confidentiality at all times
• Demonstrated ability to work co-operative with a variety of people in a team environment
• Must possess a valid Ontario G Drivers License, be willing to travel and provide a Drivers Abstract; and
• Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and a definite asset.
This position is located at Shoal Lake #40 First Nation. The position will require to keep 2 meters distance between themselves and their coworkers and/or clients. The incumbent will be required to wear Personal Protective (PPE) using best practice guidelines, wash hands often, usage of cleaners and disinfectant to clean and disinfect items. The position will also require frequent cleaning of high-touch surface such as, door handles, handrails, light switches keyboards, mouse, phones, desks, computers, seating areas, lunch tables, kitchens, washrooms, etc. intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting, travel to semi-remote First Nation communities on rough and winding class “C” roadways and in various weather conditions.
AAFS requires all employees, contractors, students, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent of a valid medical exemption or other reasonable consideration pursuant to the Human Rights Code of Ontario.
Salary: $48,000 annually
We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the First Nations communities that we serve. Preference will be given to Internal and/or Indigenous applicants. Please self-identify upon applying.
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request.
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QUOTING FILE #C-19CRW20221005 to:
Manager of Human Resources by Email: AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca
or c/o 20 Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7 Fax: (807) 548-1345
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION IS: WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 05, 2022, at 4:30pm
Job type: Contract