MANITOBA MÉTIS FEDERATION
September 21, 2022
Posting #22-02-016 (REPOSTED)
The Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) is the National Government of the Red River Métis - also known as the Manitoba Métis. The Red River Métis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time term Finance Clerk position within our Métis Employment & Training Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg MB. This is a term position set to end on March 31, 2024. The Finance Clerk is responsible for the verification, calculation, recording, entering, and processing of accounts payable and financial claim submissions including preparing, reviewing, recording, and processing of requisitions, vouchers, and journal entries.
• Calculate, prepare and process invoices for accounts payable and receivable;
• Prepare and process cheque requisitions;
• Calculate, code and process vouchers and journal entries;
• Enter data and proofread general ledger batches;
• Assists in the preparation of annual T4A’s for MET clients;
• Review, summarize and reconcile receipts and expense claims;
• Prepare statistical, financial and account reports;
• Set up and maintain related contract files, both hard copy and electronic;
• Perform general clerical duties.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Accounting related certificate or diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Minimum of 2 years’ financial experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and basic bookkeeping;
• Experience working with ACCPAC for Windows and Microsoft Office is considered an asset;
• Experience preparing correspondence, including reports and letters;
• Experience maintaining and updating files;
• Ability to meet deadlines while multitasking in a fast-paced environment;
• Strong analytical, problem solving, time management and organizational skills;
• Knowledge of Métis culture and MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and
• Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Wednesday, October 5, 2022.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Métis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
Job type: Term