Exceldor, an Award-Winning, long-standing company seeks an Assistant Chief Engineer to join our Maintenance Team at our Blumenort location. Usual work hours: Monday to Friday; 9:00am – 5:30pm. Hours may vary depending on operational requirements and this position reports to the Chief Engineer.
• 3rd class power engineer certificate
• Minimum 10 years’ experience working with ammonia refrigeration systems
• Refrigeration operator’s license considered an asset
• Excellent communication skills (written & oral) are required
• Punctual character
• Must be willing to work overtime and weekends when required
• Ability to work in refrigerated environments
• Knowledge of industrial building aspects, building envelope, roof
maintenance, air movement & grounds keeping.
• Experience with P&ID drawings, reading blueprints, & mechanical drawings.
• Experience with the operation & maintenance of high-pressure steam
boilers and auxiliaries.
• Strong knowledge of pressure piping, plumbing, & sewer piping.
• Strong knowledge of welding, threading, soldering, & process piping of all
types & applicable codes.
• Knowledge of air makeup units & air handlers.
• Experience with scada & computerized process controls.
• Familiar with CMMS maintenance systems.
• Strong food processing knowledge, plant operations, HACCP controls, &
• Leadership experience an asset.
• Oversee the maintenance, operation, & inspection of ammonia refrigeration
throughout the plant.
• Compressor operation, ammonia pumps, vessels, condensers, water treatments & documentation as required by code for class T plants.
• Preparing work schedules to optimize the labor resources.
• Preparing the vacation schedule on a yearly basis.
• Ensuring accuracy of the time & attendance information in Kronos.
• New install and project planning. Including sizing, design, material ordering
• Develop, manage & implement capital engineering projects.
• Maintain open communication with all trades & contractors.
• Scheduling contractors for regular maintenance and emergency repairs as
• Communicate operational issues or compliance with all plant staff in
regards to plant operation.
• Identify & develop continuous improvement plan.
• Accountable for all powerhouse maintenance, safety checks, & code
• Will be involved with the recruitment and training of new shift engineers.
• Must be available to be on-call for equipment and building alarms.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations by June 17 2022 to:
Director, Human Resources
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Permanent