The YMCA of Regina and Moose Jaw is a non-profit charity open to all. We are dedicated to building strong kids, strong families and strong communities. We focus our program delivery on our three pillars of service: health and fitness, community development, and childcare.
We are currently hiring a Cook for one of our childcare centers in Moose Jaw. If you love working in fast-paced environment, are a self-starter and can work well independently then we want to hear from you.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Delivering Lunch between centers
• Practice food safety at all times regarding food preparation and cleaning procedures.
• Preparing Ministry of Education approved healthy meals & snacks for Childcare Centers according to YMCA menus.
• Cleaning childcare kitchen, dishes and food storage areas according to Public Health Standards.
• Handling and organizing food delivery; may include lifting up to 40lbs.
• Maintain accurate food order sheets and inventory lists.
• Communicate ongoing Food Services needs to the Food service Director and immediate center directors.
• Complete and comply with all YMCA Policies and Procedures (YMCA Child Protection & Clean Culture)
• Interact with children as required.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Director of Food Services
• Must have valid class 5 driver’s license and have personal vehicle for transportation between locations.
• Minimum 3 months food service or related experience.
• Canadian Foodsafe level 1 (preferred)
• Criminal Record Check (CRC) including vulnerable sector check, dated within 3 months of hire(required)
• Three (3) professional references.
The YMCA of Regina is an equal opportunity employer and provides a competitive total rewards package. Applicants with high standards for performance are encouraged to apply online to email@example.com. In application, please provide a resume and 3 professional references.
Job type: Full-time