• Installing Wooden Structures such as roofing framers, joists, partitions, rafters, and stud work
• Designing and installation of cabinets, shelves, drywall, and insulation
• Adding fitting and fixtures including door, handles, hinges, locks, and closures
• Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
• Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
• Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
• Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
• Fit and install trim items, such as doors, stairs, moulding and hardware
• Maintain, repair and renovate residences and wooden structures in mills, mines, hospitals, industrial plants and other establishments
• Supervise apprentices and other construction workers
• May prepare cost estimates for clients.
• Selecting lumber as per the requirements of the project and sourcing wood that fits within budget and meets style specifications
• Liaising with clints to discuss project details, budgets, and timelines
• Working with suppliers to obtain necessary material while staying within the customer budget
• Consulting other construction professionals to ensure the best possible results and the final product
• minimum number of hours of practical work experience as part of their certification
• gain experience through a variety of different jobs, from home repair and installations to commercial and construction work.
• A degree or an apprenticeship in carpentry
• High level of creativity
• Excellent design skills
• Ability to use hand and power tools, including drills, saw, nail guns, chisels, and sanders
• Cabinet making or joinery skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of building regulations and codes
Salary: $26.00- $40.00 per hour – for 35 – 40 hours per week
Position Type: Full-time, Permanent
Apply by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for candidates from various groups of applicants, including but not limited to students, indigenous people, people with disabilities, and newcomers.
Please note that only email applications are accepted. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time