The YMCA of Regina is an Imagine Canada accredited non-profit charity that is open to all, dedicated to building strong kids, strong families and strong communities. As the premiere values-based builder of health, leadership and personal development in the city of Regina, we focus our program delivery on our three pillars of service: health and fitness, community development, and childcare.
The purpose of the School Based Youth Worker position is to execute the YMCA of Regina’s Mentorship Program for males in grades 1-11 in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. These programs are offered at a YMCA program site and within school settings. This position will provide specialized programming to those referred to the YMCA programs. As this program is dedicated to assisting male youth, the candidate that is hired must also be a male. Candidates must be available to work day and evening hours.
• Implement programming in both a school and small group setting
• Creating and facilitating interactive workshops
• Building relationships and providing mentorship to young people referred to YMCA programs
• Additional special projects or cross-departmental initiatives as needed
• Reporting and basic data entry
• Communication with parents and community partners
• Assisting in summer camp planning and implementation
• Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check (valid within 3 months of hire)
• Valid driver's license
• Some post-secondary is considered an asset
• Friendly, supportive, flexible and works well as a team member
The YMCA of Regina is an equal opportunity employer and provides a competitive total rewards package. Applicants with high standards for performance are encouraged to apply online to firstname.lastname@example.org. In application, please provide a cover letter, resume and 3 professional references.
Job type: Part-time