Posted on November 14, 2022. Primary Region: Moose Jaw, SK
The YMCA of Regina is an Imagine Canada accredited non-profit charity that is open to all, dedicated to building strong kids, strong families and strong communities. As the premiere values-based builder of health, leadership and personal development in the city of Regina, we focus our program delivery on our three pillars of service: health and fitness, community development, and childcare.
This position assists in executing the Shared Services Mentorship Program in Moose Jaw. This program is offered in schools and at a YMCA program site. This position will provide specialized attention to those referred to this YMCA program and will execute Youth Mentorship groups throughout the week. This position will work 20 hours/ week, a mixture of daytime and evening hours.
• Implement programming in a school and small group setting
• Assist in creating and facilitating interactive workshops
• Building relationships and providing mentorship to young people referred to YMCA Mentorship Program
• Comply with all YMCA Child Protection Policy and Procedures, and complete all Child Protection training as required.
• Communicating program success and activities to program participants, their family and through the Y network.
• Ability to build relationships and work with youth is an asset, especially those with challenging behaviours
• Self-motivated and be able to work independently as well as part of a small team.
• Experience and interest in working with youth
• Experience in lessons/program planning
• Demonstrate the ability to be a positive role model, mentor and authentic leader
• Good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to obtain Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
• Must have update CPR and First Aid upon start date
• Valid driver's license
• Experience with child/youth would be considered an asset
The YMCA of Regina is an equal opportunity employer and provides a competitive total rewards package. Applicants with high standards for performance are encouraged to apply online to email@example.com. In application, please provide a cover letter, resume and 3 professional references.
Job type: Part-time