Golden West Broadcasting has been connecting communities for over 65 years. We are proud to tell local stories on our radio stations and digital news outlets across Western Canada. And together with Homefield, we are proud to help local businesses grow through effective advertising, marketing, and organizational development solutions. We are committed to finding and developing people who share our passion for local communities.
We're looking for a Community Events host!
- Partner with Golden West's Alberta Content team to identify events to attend
- Visit community events across Southern Alberta
- Mingle with event planners and attendees
- Post updates on social media
- Drive our Winter Wrangler (with gas provided by Golden West)
- Term: November 25, 2022 to February 24, 2023
- Hours will vary depending on that week's event schedule. You will generally work 3-6 hour shifts 4-5 times per week, including Saturdays and Sundays
- Location: Most of your events will be in the Calgary area. You may be asked to attend events in Lacombe or Fort Saskatchewan a couple of times during your term.
- Wage: $16 per hour
- Fun, outgoing, and willing to engage with our audience
- Social media savvy. You know how to create engaging content
- Must have a valid driver's license, a clean driving record, and the ability to travel on area highways
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies show that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every qualification. Golden West is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities.
Job type: Seasonal