Greenvalley Equipment is hiring an Agriculture Equipment Service Technician, in our Altona, Morden, Treherne and Killarney locations, to join our high performing service team in representing John Deere – the premium brand in farm equipment. Our team strives to provide the best solution for our customers needs.
Are you driven, outgoing, a problem solver and a teammate that your co-workers admire?
If you are looking for a career in a customer focused environment with an emphasis on quality, then we are interested in hearing from you!
The Service Technician is responsible for diagnosing and repairing a wide variety of agriculture equipment, consisting of primarily John Deere equipment. This role requires the Technician to be responsible for high efficiency through proper diagnostic/repair, documentation, and effective communication. Duties will consist of both shop environment work with a team of technicians, as well as on site field working directly with customers.
GVE proudly offers an extensive employment package that includes competitive compensation, a substantial and ongoing commitment to training, Blue Cross benefits, and an opportunity to participate in a RSP profit-sharing program.
Most importantly, we have a dedicated and experienced team of leaders and experts who take deep pride in “Helping Farmers Feed a Hungry World.”
• Diagnose and repair various equipment faults, including electrical, hydraulic, powertrain and engine systems by maintaining a working knowledge of current technology.
• Perform general equipment maintenance, PDI and set up new equipment.
• Provide thorough documentation of diagnostics, quotations, and repairs on work orders
• Effective and efficient use of technology
• Clear communication with service management and customers
• Complete work orders and related paperwork properly and timely
• Attend training courses
• Maintains a clean work area and general housekeeping duties
• Work safely with coworkers
• Red Seal Accreditation in Agricultural Equipment Technician, Heavy Duty Equipment Technician or equivalent certification
• Valid driver’s license
• Physical fitness and agility
• Comprehensive tool inventory to complete required tasks
• Be able to work in tighter confined spaces and comfortable working at heights
Starting wage of $30.00 per hour
Full time permanent position – 40 hours per week
NOC 7312 Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
Job type: Full-time