Classification: Level 4 ($26.21/hr)
Category: 1.0 FTE, Temporary (High Possibility of Extension) - ASAP until September 30, 2023
The Administrative Associate reports to the Advancement and External Affairs Director and is often the first point of contact for individuals accessing the College. As such, it performs a vital public relations function in demonstrating the professionalism and commitment to customer service that we want to be a hallmark of Carlton Trail College. In addition, this position provides a variety of office duties and support services of varying complexity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform reception duties such as handling and screening walk in and telephone inquiries
• Assist public in filling out forms
• Provide assistance to students
• Provide general information regarding College programs and services
• Make appointments for various staff
• Maintain efficient filing systems, staff registry, course outlines, etc. as required
• Prepare reminder cards for clients to confirm their attendance
• Handle mail and pick up mail when the Executive Assistants are absent
• Maintain and provide support to all staff regarding photocopiers, faxes, scanner, printers and postage machine
• Maintain office supplies inventory, and check and order supplies as required
• Provide registration services for clients both via telephone, and in-person registrations, and process required forms and tuition payments as related to registration
• Perform all office credit card transactions and provide accurate information for accounting
• Balance Credit Card machine each week
• Maintain petty cash box at the front reception and balance at month end
• Perform various levels of keyboarding and data entry duties as required
• Track rent and collect fees regarding AV equipment
• Maintain schedule and distance reports for Humboldt College vehicles
• Invigilate and/or find proctors for exams during office hours and in the evenings.
• Maintain support of the ed2go and UGotClass on-line programs
• Maintain classroom facility calendar/coordinate with high school janitor
• Assist the Literacy Facilitator with GED testing
• Assist with maintaining accurate and up-to-date program information on the College website
• Perform accurate and immediate student database entries (OCSM)
• Communicate effectively and cooperatively with other staff, students, other agencies, and the public. Maintain and respect client confidentiality in all communications, both at work and outside of the office.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Ability to listen, comprehend, and ask clear concise questions to obtain relevant information and respond to inquiries from clients.
• Ability to work co-operatively with others and exercise courtesy and tact.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and recognize and respect diversity and individual dignity.
• Ability to plan, organize, schedule and prioritize a large volume of work taking into account frequent interruptions, conflicting and changing priorities in order to meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to identify the need for development and modification of procedures to improve consistency, efficiency and effectiveness, and to ensure compliance.
• Demonstrated ability to be punctual is essential due to the positional requirement of opening and closing the front reception area to the public.
• Ability to transcribe, relay messages and correspond, etc. with a high level of accuracy.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of correct grammar, punctuation and proofreading.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of personal information at all times and in accordance with Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
• Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, structure, processes, requirements or cultures.
• Operates with integrity at all times.
• Exemplifies the College’s cultural values of accountability, respect, commitment, innovation and integrity
• Demonstrated ability to set high standards for oneself and others and accepting responsibility for all actions.
• Demonstrated ability to ensure that all tasks are completed with high attention to detail ensuring accuracy.
The minimum relevant knowledge or formal training essential to perform the functions of this position is a one-year post-secondary certificate or equivalent from a recognized post-secondary institution. This education would typically provide knowledge of office procedures, computer applications, and basic accounting.
The minimum practical related experience required to perform the duties of this position is one year. This experience would typically provide skills such as interpersonal skills, communication skills, time management, accuracy and proficiency in keyboarding and specific computer functions and applications including MS Office.
FOR A COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION, go to www.carltontrailcollege.com/work-for-us.
Job type: Full-time