Posted on November 22, 2022. Primary Region: Cochrane, AB
The Cochrane Public Library is looking for a vibrant, engaged, library loving individual to work as a Library Programmer.
Job Description: The Programmer position is responsible for programming and engagement activities in the library and community, as well as providing responsive and friendly customer service, including: membership services, information and readers’ services, and various other related duties.
Education and Experience Required:
• Library Technician Diploma with some public library experience preferred
and/or Early Childhood Development Diploma with programming and
customer service experience, or an equivalent combination of related
education and experience.
• One to two years of customer service experience, previous library
experience is preferred
• Demonstrated experience and skills related to the planning and execution
of large programs &/or events
• Proven ability and willingness to network, build relationships within the
community, and seek opportunities for external grants and sponsorships is
essential, along with an overall knowledge of the Cochrane and Rocky View
• Self-motivated, with strong attention to detail and the ability to stay
organized, prioritize, and manage multiple projects and demands
• Fluency in both verbal and written English communication
• Fluency in languages other than English an asset
• Advanced technological literacy skills
• Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check from the Police Service
• Valid Alberta driver’s licence and Driver’s Abstract (may be required); ability
to satisfy insurance requirements
Schedule: This is a full-time permanent position with 40 set hours per week, to be initially scheduled as follows:
Start date: To be determined
Compensation: $21.49 to $22.78 per hour
To Apply: If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact the HR Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Subject line of email should include competition # referenced above.
Closing Date: This posting will close at 5pm on Tuesday, December 6, 2022.
Job type: Full-time