OPERATIONS COORDINATOR I
(Portage La Prairie, Brandon, Virden)
The Operations department at New Directions is responsible for the routine maintenance and emergency repairs at multiple separate addresses owned or leased by New Directions. These include office space, commercial program space, and community homes in the Westman Region of Manitoba
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supervision of the Operations team, including the assignment of repair tickets, assessment of skill levels, and training on new skills as required.
• Review and management of monthly expenditures by the Operations team.
• Semi-annual inspections of multiple residential properties to assess and prioritize necessary maintenance and repairs (working with Coordinators and Supervisors from other service areas).
• Complete repair and maintenance work as required.
• Request and review estimates for work by contractors that is beyond the scope of the Operations team.
• Provide training to Home Supervisors on common residential maintenance and problem solving.
• Inspect and evaluate potential new properties for purchase/lease.
Applicants must have proven ability in general property repair as well as:
• Several years of experience with a high level of ability in a variety of home renovation, property repair, property maintenance, and problem-solving skills in residential and commercial settings.
• Supervisory experience/training an asset.
• Ability and commitment to work with/for a variety of people in a number of different locations
• Strong organization & communication skills with a commitment to providing quality service
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
• Travel throughout the Westman Region including Portage La Prairie, Brandon, Virden, and the surrounding area
• Access to/ability to use home renovation hand & power tools
• Knowledge and understanding of related Safe Work Practices; active involvement in Workplace Safety and Health.
The salary range for this 35hr/week full-time position is $22.89-32.05 per hour (Equivalent to $41,659.80-$58,331.00 per annum). The successful candidate will be subject to Criminal Record, Child Abuse Registry, Adult Abuse Registry, and Prior Contact Check and must provide a current driver’s abstract. A full benefit package (which include Health and Dental Benefits, Long Term Disability Benefits, and a Pension Plan) is provided to regular full-time staff.
Please forward you resume and cover letter with references by December 1, 2022, to:
New Directions for Children, Youth, Adults and Families
437 Tupper Street, N.
Portage La Prairie, MB R1N 1X4
Please include the posting POSTING# NV-REG-0124-22 in the subject line of your email
New Directions is committed to equity and diversity and especially welcomes applications from persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and newcomers to Canada. We strive for a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the people we support and contributes to the diversification of ideas.
Accommodations for accessibility purposes are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job type: Full-time