Customs Logistics Specialist – Westfield Industries
Westfield Industries is an international leader in the production of portable grain handling equipment including grain augers and numerous other grain handling accessories. As the Customs Logistics Specialist, you will work directly with customs brokers to prepare import and export documentation, including customs invoices, NAFTA certificates, and E-manifest entries.
• Prepare shipping documents such as bills of lading and shipping manifests, trip sheets for outgoing truckloads
• Assign tariff codes to new products for shipping, and review tariff database regularly
• Work directly with Sales Coordinator and Transportation department for coordinating shipping schedule, and preparing loading documentation
• Post load review of drivers’ trip documents as well as preparation of packages for external auditors
• Coordinate load changes with sales reps and customers
• Communicate effectively with a variety of supervisory and non-supervisory, production and office employees, customs officials and external suppliers as required
• Familiarity with US and Canadian Customs regulations
• Able to work independently and in a team environment
• Able to provide excellent customer service both on the phone, via email, and in person
• Able to exercise good judgment and initiative
• Effective English verbal and written communication skills
• A professional and positive attitude and approach to work and exceptional organizational and prioritization skills are essential for success in this position.
Salary and benefits will be dependent on skills, experience, and qualifications. If interested, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job type: Full-time