VAW Systems Ltd. is an international leader in designing and manufacturing noise control equipment and filtration equipment for fans and gas turbine engines. For over 50 years, we have been building high-quality custom products for customers around the world.
VAW is pleased to offer its employees competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental and vision coverage and employer-paid premiums. We also provide a company-matched RRSP program, Employee Assistance Program, on-the-job training and potential for advancement within our organization.
VAW seeks an energetic and talented individual to fill the role of Designer. Working with our Engineering team in Winnipeg, this individual will be responsible for designing and creating detailed manufacturing drawings of our custom equipment. The ideal candidate thrives in a team environment, is an independent self-starter, and strives for excellence.
• Create manufacturing drawing packages, including assembly & part drawings, flat pattern development, shear lists & bill of materials
• Develop and document design concepts
• Standardize and improve existing product designs
• Support VAW’s continuous improvement initiatives
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Mechanical Engineering Technology Diploma
• 3-5 years of experience in product design and manufacturing engineering
• Experience using AutoCAD and MS Office
• Self-motivated, eager to learn, positive attitude and a commitment to continuous improvement
• Problem-solver with the proven ability to meet goals and deadlines
• Demonstrated strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience in a sheet metal manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of structural steel selection, construction standards, codes, and specifications
• Knowledge of plate stress and beam analysis
If you feel you are a candidate for this role, please send your resume, cover letter and salary expectations, in confidence, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date of this job posting: Friday, December 23, 2022.
We appreciate your interest in VAW Systems; however, only candidates already eligible to work in Manitoba will be considered. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time