This position is responsible for maintaining in good working order all plant machines and mechanical equipment, as well as installing new equipment when required. The Maintenance Mechanic must hold and maintain a Millwright Red Seal Provincial certification
• Ensure proper performance and operation of machinery and equipment for production
• Minimize production downtime by completing preventive maintenance inspections, planned work orders and responding to breakdowns and emergency repairs in an expedited and efficient manner
• Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and specifications to determine repair requirements;
• Able to scope and estimate jobs material and labor requirements;
• Coordination of work with other disciplines such as electrical, structural, etc.;
• Ad Hoc project estimating, and providing feedback to planners with the estimates;
• Carry out all work in a safe and professional manner complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
• Ensure high standards of workmanship quality are delivered to prevent manufacturing equipment breakdowns
• Perform mechanical tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Mechanical Supervisor.
• Order necessary parts and materials and work with suppliers and participate in supplier meetings.
• May operate a forklift and material handling equipment on an as-needed basis depending on the departmental needs.
• Apply mechanical principles and analytical techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing processes and products focusing on safety, quality and productivity
• Effectively troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment failures in a timely manner
• Identify through-put constraints and drive root cause improvements
• Complete maintenance shift report at the completion of each shift using computerized software.
• Must be able to weld, solder, and use cutting torches
• Review written documents such as work orders and equipment-specific manufacturer’s publications to perform repairs.
• Plan and prioritize workflow according to business needs and management instructions.
Job type: Full-time