Nelson River Construction is hiring a motivated Dispatcher to join their Equipment Division.
As a leading heavy construction contractor in Winnipeg MB, Nelson River Construction (NRC) operates with expertise in many areas of heavy construction, from asphalt paving, concrete, aggregate processing, and underground services.
We focus on providing a supportive work environment that exceeds expectations and continually improves the quality of everything we do.
This is a full-time - year round position, based out of Nelson River Construction's shop located at 101 Dawson Road North in Winnipeg. Hours of work are Monday to Friday 7:00AM - 5:00PM.
• Coordinates and schedules mobilization of heavy equipment/materials
• Coordinate service, fuel, asphalt and granular trucks
• Arranges and maintains records of equipment moves, permits and logbooks
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 1-2 years of Heavy Haul/Construction experience, preferably in the dispatching role
• Knowledge of D.O.T rules and regulations.
• Familiarity with electronic log devises considered an asset.
• Working knowledge of permitting and scheduling process
• High level of organization and time management skills.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail
• Basic computer skills (good knowledge of Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Electronic Driver Software)
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
• Capable of working some overtime as required by workload.
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
• Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, and write) in English.
Nelson River Construction offers great growth opportunities, excellent wages and benefits. If you are interested in becoming part of a strong team, and a leader in the construction industry, please forward your resume.
Only those considered for employment will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time