DIRECT SUPPORT WORKER 1
SHIFT STAFFED HOMES
PORTAGE LA PRAIRIE
New Directions is a social service agency offering a wide range of resources and services that provide supports in a variety of settings and foster people’s hopes and dreams in their communities.
We are currently seeking Direct Support Workers to join the Shift Staffed Homes team. Shift Staffed Homes is one of the many service areas within Adult Services at New Directions; providing person-centered support to individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities who may experience complex health issues.
Who / What are we looking for?
• Dedicated support professionals
• Compassion, empathy, and integrity
• Willingness to meet people where they are at and support individuals to achieve their independence and goals
• Be a part of their community
• Willingness to build relationships and promote self-advocacy
• Flexible schedule
• Industry competitive wage
• Growth and training
• Positive team atmosphere
• Work-life balance and positive leadership
• Positive learning environment
We need from you:
• High School or equivalent
• Driver’s License
• First Aid Certification
• Clear Criminal, Adult and Child Abuse Registry Checks
You will support people to:
• Plan, shop, and prepare meals
• Maintain personal health and hygiene
• Take medications
• Drive to and attend appointments
• Manage and work through challenging / conflict situations
• Live their best lives as defined by the individual
Would you like to help build a community that values all people? Are you interested in supporting people to meet their full potential? We offer flexible work including a variety of day, evening, and awake overnight shifts.
The salary for this position is $15.13 per hour.
Please put “Direct Support Worker 1 " in the subject line of your email and forward your resume and cover letter with three references to:
New Directions for Children, Youth, Adult and Families
437 Tupper Street N, Portage La Prairie, MB R1N 1X4
We thank all applicants for their interest in New Directions; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries on the status of your application.
New Directions is committed to equity and diversity and especially welcomes applications from persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and newcomers to Canada. We strive for a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the people we support and contributes to the diversification of ideas.
Accommodations for accessibility purposes are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job type: Hourly