Tundra Oil & Gas is a Manitoba-based oil and gas exploration and production company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Winnipeg-based James Richardson & Sons, Limited. Tundra’s head office is in Winnipeg, with additional offices in Virden and Calgary. At Tundra, we believe that our people are the foundation of our success, and we are dedicated to growing our company in a sustainable and disciplined way. This philosophy has served us well since our inception in 1980. Today, Tundra is a team 300-strong, and a leader in the Manitoba and southeast Saskatchewan oil industry. We take pride in supporting the communities in which we operate and stewarding the resources we manage for today and for the future. We are committed to working together and to getting everyone home safe every day.
Tundra is seeking to fill a Human Resources Generalist position preferably based out of our Virden, MB office. Consideration will be made for the successful candidate to be based out of a Tundra office located in Estevan, SK or Winnipeg, MB (monthly travel to Virden, MB is required). The incumbent in this role will be eligible to participate in Tundra’s flexible hybrid work schedule.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day requirements of all components of Human Resources to primarily support the Virden and field locations. This position will provide customer service and support to the Director, Human Resources, the Managers, and employees primarily, but not limited to, the Virden and surrounding area.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, some specific duties, and responsibilities of the HR Generalist include, but are not limited to:
• Advise business leaders on all aspects of organizational effectiveness including recruitment and selection, new hire orientation, compensation and benefits, employee relations, compliance, policies administration, performance management, training and ad hoc requests.
• In conjunction with other HR team members, assist in maintaining all HR internal process reports.
• Participate in a variety of career fairs, as required, to promote Tundra’s business, attract and recruit potential candidates.
• Jointly oversee the Virden employee new hire onboarding process which includes:
o Advise the HR Coordinator of the employee new hire's onboarding requirements.
o Verify with the HR Coordinator the onboarding schedule and all IT equipment requirements are ready for new hire's start date.
o Conduct the employee onboarding session, as required.
• Work closely with leaders to identify departmental training/professional development requirements, both internal and external, and organize these requirements company-wide.
• Routinely review and update internal procedures to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of all processes.
• Provide guidance and assistance in the disciplinary action process; make recommendations on the appropriate level of corrective action.
• Conduct thorough investigations, maintain proper documentation, partner with leadership on outcome, and ensure timely resolution and follow-up on employee relations issues.
• Preparation of a variety of employee correspondence.
• Assist with maintaining routine HR or other related ad hoc reports.
• Assist with the development, modification, and administration of policies and procedures per Tundra’s requirements and in conjunction with the Employment Standards.
• Conduct research and provide analysis in a variety of HR disciplines as requested by the Director.
• Lead and/or participate on various HR projects or company initiatives.
• Provide inter-departmental HR support to other HR team members as required.
• Assist with posting communication on the company intranet.
• Other relevant HR duties as required.
Candidates for this position will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
• Post-secondary education with an emphasis in a human resource or business-related field is preferred, although a combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Chartered Professional in Human Resources Professional (CPHR) certification considered an asset.
• Minimum 5 years HR generalist experience in recruitment, employee relations, and project management is required.
• Prior oil and gas production and exploration knowledge and experience is considered an asset.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook is essential.
• Prior experience with ADP HRIS software is an asset. We utilize ADP’s Workforce Now.
• Excellent customer service abilities; sensitivity to customer issues and understanding the importance of diplomacy and confidentiality.
• Superior listening and interpretative skills.
• Sound interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent relationship building and relationship management skills.
• High level of confidentiality and discretion is required.
• Superior level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to manage shifting priorities ensuring all deadlines are met accordingly
• Strong problem solving and judgment skills.
• Results focused with ability to work independently and productively under time pressures.
• A high level of self-motivation and initiative, along with the desire to continually improve.
• Possess attributes such as maturity and judgment, accepts responsibility and accountability, and common sense.
• Adhere to the safety accountabilities as per Tundra’s Safety Policy.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team, please visit the Careers section of our website at www.tundraoilandgas.com and submit your cover letter and resume. This position will remain open until filled.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest; however only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Job type: Permanent