Registered Veterinarian Technologist, Veterinarian Assistant, or Support Staff
Posted on August 29, 2017. Region: Kindersley & Rosetown, SK
Company: Oyen Vet Services provides veterinarian services to both large and small animals within the Oyen and surrounding areas. We are currently looking for a RVT or Veterinary assistant to support day to day operation of the business.
Job Description: Your primary responsibilities will be; assisting with and monitoring animal treatments, prepare for vet procedures, in-Patient care, general clinic and equipment cleaning.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be expected to:
• Walk and feed patients
• Assist with animal treatments ie: animal restraint, document services performed, etc.
• Assist with large animal handing i.e. Backing up trailers, operating handling system.
• Clean surgical equipment with autoclave and maintain the autoclave.
• Clean up clinic and equipment after vet procedures and out calls.
• Complete daily, weekly, and monthly clinic cleaning duties.
• Pressure washing large animal area
• Clean laundry
• Receive shipments and stock shelves, cupboards, and refrigerators
• Perform basic computer tasks; word processing, emails, printing, copying.
• Pack shipments.
• Perform filing tasks
Requirements and Qualifications: Oyen Vet Services is looking for an individual that will work well with our team, but is also self motivated to perform tasks without direct supervision. No formal training is required; however RVT or Veterinarian Assistant training would be an asset. Other requirements include:
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to carry up to 50 lbs
• Willingness to work after typical business hours during busy seasons
Job type: Full-time