Posted on January 24, 2023. Primary Region: Portage la Prairie, MB
MUNICIPALITY OF NORTH NORFOLK
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR/LABOURER
The Municipality of North Norfolk is accepting applications for the position of full time Equipment operator/Laborer.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
• Ability to efficiently and effectively operate all types of heavy equipment
• Ability to maintain and build municipal roadways, repair or replace infrastructure such as bridges and culverts, snow clearing
• Mechanical aptitude
• A valid Class 5 driver’s license. Class 1 with air brake endorsement would be an asset.
• Knowledge of GIS and surveying equipment
• Knowledge of equipment safety and Workplace Safety and Health regulations and willing to follow municipal safety plan
• Excellent record keeping, reporting, and communication skills
• Ability to perform physically demanding manual work
• Knowledge of the municipality would be considered an asset.
Salary is negotiable and is based on experience. The Municipality offers a competitive wage as well as pension and a comprehensive benefit plan.
Start date is negotiable but will commence as soon as possible.
Please send resume with 3 references and a current driver’s abstract to:
Municipality of North Norfolk
P.O. Box 190, 27 Hampton Street E.
MacGregor, MB R0H 0R0
Phone: 204-685-2211 Fax: 204-685-2616
Position will remain open until suitable candidate is found. The committee thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time