Posted on January 25, 2023. Primary Region: Morden & Winkler, MB
0.41 FTE Health Care Aide
Permanent Evenings only Position
Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, Registered Psychiatric Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse and Resident Care Manager, the Health Care Aide assists with providing resident-focused personal care involving a varying medical and psycho-social needs relating to the care plan for the residents in accordance with policies and procedures of Salem Home, as well as participates in conferences and other meetings as required.
The incumbent exercises the appropriate level of initiative and independent judgment in determining work priorities, procedures to be employed and action to be taken on unusual matters.
The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values of Salem Home Inc.
1. Health Care Attendant Certificate from an accredited College or alternate health related education (i.e. foreign trained nurse).
2. Verbal and written communication skills in English.
3. Physical and mental wellness to meet the requirements of the job.
4. Ability to work well with others within a team approach, and adapt to changing situations
5. A genuine interest in the care of people and sensitivity to their needs.
Job type: Part-time