Posted on January 25, 2023. Primary Region: Steinbach, MB
POSTED: January 25, 2023
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: .4 EFT – permanent position
SHIFT LENGTH AND TIMES: 7.75 hours per day (8:00am to 4:15pm, Monday/Thursday)
EFFECTIVE: February 13, 2023
POSITION NUMBER: P4-309
This position will be reviewed after 6 months and hours of work may change to meet operational needs of the organization
POSITION REPORTS TO: Operations Manager - Housing
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Volunteer Services
POSITION PURPOSE: Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Tenant Resource Coordinator is a dynamic and caring individual committed to HavenGroup’s mission, vision and values in coordinating Support Services that are available and accessible to seniors and persons with disabilities which assist them in maintaining their independent living status. The Tenant Resource Coordinator is a resourceful leader with strong communication and interpersonal skills and is able to meet the challenges of working with a diverse group of seniors.
Support Services in the basic living category may include, but is not limited to: transportation, escort, shopping, errands, friendly visiting and companionship.
• Grade 12 or equivalent education required.
• Recognized therapeutic recreation/activity programming certificate or equivalent relevant education an asset.
• Intermediate computer skills with the ability to function within Windows (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher) environment.
• Experience working with an older adult and/or vulnerable population.
• Experience working with volunteers.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
SKILLS/COMPETENCIES/CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with tenants, families, staff and volunteers.
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (English language), personable/good listener, productive and professional.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Flexible and capable of adapting to organizational change.
• Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population is required.
• Ability to respect confidentiality.
• Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job.
• Completes and maintains a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
• Requires a valid Class 5 driver’s license and a road worthy vehicle with all purpose insurance and a minimum $2,000,000.00 liability insurance.
Salary and job description available upon request
HavenGroup offers comprehensive benefit packages that vary depending on employee status that include:
Company Pension Plan
Group Life Insurance
Disability and Rehabilitation
Employee Assistance Program
For confidential consideration, please forward your application to Angie Knudsen Human Resource Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may also be submitted via the following link: https://havengroup.ca/jobs. This position will be posted until filled.
The successful applicant will be required to submit current copies of a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Query, an Adult Abuse Registry Check, and a Child Abuse Check, at their own expense, prior to the start date of employment (original copies required).
We thank all of those who express interest in this position, however,
only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
HavenGroup is an employer compliant with public health orders.
Job type: Part-time