Posted on January 25, 2023. Primary Region: Winnipeg, MB
With 16 locations and over 100 people, BSI continues as one of the largest Insurance Brokers in Southern Manitoba. Careers in general insurance can offer variety, challenge, professional development, and job security in a growing industry.
We are currently looking to add an Insurance Broker to our team in Winnipeg/St. Norbert. Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday (8:30am to 5:30pm) and Saturday rotation (9:00am to 12:00pm).
Our Insurance Brokers are brand ambassadors who provide a high level of customer service for those who live and work in our surrounding communities. We are responsible for counselling and assessing risk in Autopac, Personal Lines, Commercial and Farm policies. We have a strong knowledge of insurance markets, products and pricing that matches a client’s risk with the correct product. We work directly with company underwriters using a high level of judgement and risk assessment skills.
• Counseling clients on Autopac & Driver Licensing needs including identifying risks or exposures and providing insurance solutions.
• Maintaining a high level of service to existing and new customers; managing the customer relationship from initial transaction through delivery to after sales service.
Skills & Requirements:
• Applicant should possess a Level 1 Brokers license or be committed to achieving a Level 1 license; We will train you!
• Previous insurance experience in a fast-paced brokerage is beneficial;
• A minimum of 2 years customer service experience working in an office setting;
• High level of proficiency in MS Office Applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.;
• Excellent time management with the ability to multi-task and problem-solve;
• Candidates require an aptitude for learning; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; commitment; a professional demeanor and a high level of personal integrity.
• The ability to speak, read and write French would be an asset, but is not a requirement.
We are willing to train the right individual with a genuine interest in becoming a professional in the insurance industry.
BSI offers competitive wages, a great working environment, company paid training including license & membership fees, profit sharing bonuses, group health benefits, matched RRSP/DPSP plan, annual performance increases and a day off on your birthday!
Job type: Full-time