Exceldor Cooperative seeks a QA Technician (Summer Student) to join our Technical Services Team. Exceldor is both the largest, and the most technologically advanced chicken and turkey processor in our region. This is a Summer Term position reporting to the Technical Services Director, you will monitor and verify activities as per Exceldor’s written HACCP system.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Some days the shift will start later or earlier depending on sampling requirements.
Compensation: $18.00 per hour
As the successful candidate, you will need the following qualifications:
• Currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution
• Excellent and accurate record keeping
• Good housekeeping skills
• Understanding of microbiological preparatory and analytical techniques
• Ability to take instructions for the performance of non-routine analysis.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
• Able to work in a refrigerated environment.
• Access to a vehicle
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for:
• Sample collection, preparation and analysis
• Data entry and record keeping.
• Maintain workspace, instrumentation and incoming/outgoing sample inventory.
Job type: Seasonal