HEAD COOK – FOXTAIL CAFÉ INC – ONANOLE MB
As the Head Cook you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the kitchen. The head cook is responsible for ordering, hiring, training and managing kitchen staff. Along with utilizing your great culinary skills you will be working as a team to provide a positive experience to guests. Full time Seasonal Position. May to September
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Oversee the daily processes in the kitchen including food preparation, quality control, ordering, and inventory management.
• Hiring, training, and scheduling of kitchen staff
• Plan, direct and supervise the food preparation of kitchen staff.
• Be solutions focused, trouble shoot to create positive outcomes.
• Ensure all kitchen staff adhere to food safety and hygiene while keeping a sanitary workspace.
• Collaborate with Front of House Management/General Manager to ensure efficient operations.
• Manage the kitchen to ensure that all tasks are executed efficiently.
• Maintain kitchen equipment, schedule any repairs as needed.
• Maintain positive vendor relationships.
• Able to take a proactive approach towards customers needs.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• 2-3 years experience in back-of-house management
• Significant experience as a sous chef, or line cook
• Education in culinary arts is a benefit but not necessary.
• Strong attention to detail, ability to oversee kitchen operations.
• Ability to work under pressure, with strong organization skills.
• Ability to provide own transportation and or accommodations.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Lora at West-Can HR, Lora@wchrs.com . For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, call our office at 204-727-0008.
Only the applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application.
Job type: Seasonal