Posted on January 26, 2023. Primary Region: Steinbach, MB
POSTED: January 26, 2023
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1.0 EFT – Permanent Position
SHIFT LENGTH AND TIMES: 7.75 hours per day, Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 4:15pm (this position will be required to work some evenings)
EFFECTIVE: As soon as possible
POSITION NUMBER: P4-306
ACCOUNTABILITY: Chief Executive Officer
POSITION PURPOSE: Reporting to the CEO, the Executive Assistant is responsible for supporting the executive functions of the HavenGroup CEO and the governing needs of the HavenGroup, HavenGroup Foundation and Steinbach Housing Board of Directors, the Strategic Leadership Team, and Rest Haven Care Home Operations Leadership Team, the Human Resource Team and other committees as assigned from time to time. Functions of the position include but are not limited to professional public relations, general administrative duties to organize and maintain work processes and records, and desktop publishing.
The incumbent will exercise the appropriate high level of initiative and judgment within the context of team for determining work priorities, work methods to be employed and action to be taken on matters. The position functions in a confidential manner that is consistent with the Mission, Vision and Values, and the policies of HavenGroup.
• Graduate of a recognized Administrative Assistant Program, business program or equivalent
• Valid driver’s license and vehicle (travel may be required)
• Advanced and proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office applications, i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher.
• Knowledge and experience working with office equipment
• Minimum three (3) years administrative experience including thorough knowledge of general office practices and /or significant experience in office administration
• Experience and knowledge taking meeting minutes
• Experience in writing and proofreading
SKILLS/COMPETENCIES/CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with the Board, supervisors, staff, external business entities, and the public
• Utilizes, upon instruction and on own initiative, Microsoft Office products to create various documents such as general correspondence, reports, tables, newsletters, etc. accurately
• Demonstrated ability to type a minimum of 50 words per minute
• Proficient minute taking skills
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (English language), personable/good listener, productive and professional, demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, independently and as part of a team
• Ability to manage general office supplies and equipment
• Ability to manage self and time; able to prioritize and manage several different projects at the same time
• Strong organizational skills and flexibility to meet the demands of the position
• Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population is required
• Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic formats and other mediums
• Physical and mental health to meet the demands of the position
• Completes and maintains satisfactory originals of the Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check, as appropriate
• Require a road worthy vehicle, a valid driver’s license and liability insurance of at least $2,000,000.00
Salary and job description available upon request
HavenGroup offers comprehensive benefit packages that vary dependent on employee status that include:
Company Pension Plan
Group Life Insurance
Disability and Rehabilitation
Employee Assistance Program
For confidential consideration, please forward your application to Angie Knudsen, Human Resource Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may also be submitted via the following link: https://havengroup.ca/jobs. This position will be posted until filled.
The successful applicant will be required to submit current copies of a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Query, an Adult Abuse Registry Check, and a Child Abuse Check, at their own expense, prior to the start date of employment (original copies required).
We thank all of those who express interest in this position, however,
only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
HavenGroup is an employer compliant with public health orders.
Job type: Full-time