Posted on February 13, 2023. Primary Region: Steinbach, MB
Entry-Level, Healthcare, Professionals
Employment Opportunity: Direct Support Professional
Inspire belonging! We are looking for Direct Support Professionals who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of others and promoting inclusive societies. We provide a range of supports and services for people living with an intellectual disability in southeastern Manitoba.
Direct Support Professionals in Residential Services are responsible for providing day-to-day direct service to people supported by enVision Community Living, by assisting them in their homes and the community.
• Experience, education or training in the Disability sector will be considered an asset
• Demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English, both verbal and written
• Effective problem-solving skills
• Team player, interpersonal skills and good character required
• Adherence to the mission and values of enVision Community Living
• Self-motivated and capable of working independently
• We provide competitive compensation and benefits package that includes extended health care for you and dependents, Employment Assistance Program, short term disability, long term disability, pension plan matching, and professional development.
• This position requires satisfactory Criminal Record check with a clear Vulnerable Sector Search, clear Adult & Child Abuse Registry Checks, valid Manitoba driver's license 5F, and proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
• If you require accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us in advance. Information received will be strictly confidential and will not affect the application.
• This position is posted until filled.
• 2-week rotational schedule (FT & PT), Monday-Sunday including alternate weekends
• Flexible schedule including days, evenings, and/or overnights (awake and asleep options)
Apply Online: www.envisioncl.com/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only retained candidates will be contacted.
enVision Community Living is committed to inspiring equality, inclusion, and the value of all people. Candidates are encouraged to self-identify as Indigenous, as a woman, as a person with disability, and as member of a visible minority.
Job type: Permanent