Posted on February 14, 2023. Primary Region: Swift Current, SK
As Kitchen Manager you will be responsible for all existing food operations. There exists the very real opportunity for an increase in the scope of the food services provided at the Coast Swift Current Hotel. You would be the lead on future growth.
As the Head Cook you will have the ability to put your own stamp on the menu and food items created by your team and provided to our guests.
Experience in one or both of the above areas is required. Passion, Enthusiasm, Patience, Communication Skills and an Upbeat Personality are part of your repertoire.
We are small group that THINKS BIG!
Below are the essential duties and responsibilities that are essential to the success of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities would include:
• Managing existing food operations including, Smiley’s Bar & Grill, Guest Continental Breakfasts, Luncheons and Meetings.
• Food preparation.
• Supervise and assist staff to create a harmonized and consistent guest food experience.
• Ensure quality standards are maintained.
• You will inspire your team and lead by example.
• Maintain and ensure all departmental and the restaurant’s policies and procedures are adhered to; ensuring department operates in compliance of all relevant laws.
• Budgeting and forecasting, scheduling staff, safe food practices and POS management.
• Place orders with suppliers – ensure quality.
• Reconcile orders from Suppliers and cost control of all food costs.
• Responding to customer issues, resolving concerns, and team meeting facilitation.
• Assist in recruiting, hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, and recognizing kitchen staff.
• Attend daily manager check-in meeting.
• Assist in identifying and developing operational performance and standards, internal controls, procedures, and reports with the goal of improving the bottom line.
• Flexibility to work a variety of hours including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
• Work closely with the Bar Manager to guarantee a seamless operation.
• Report into the General Manager.
Applicants must be a Canadian Resident legally entitled to work in Canada with a valid drivers license. The chosen candidate will be subject to a Background check that includes a Criminal Record Check.
Job type: Full-time