Posted on February 27, 2023. Primary Region: Westman Region, MB
The Controller is responsible for overseeing & managing the day-to-day financial accounting requirements of the company and their divisions. With a team of four accounting staff reporting to this position responsibilities includes oversight of revenues, expenses, payroll, variance analysis, general ledger entries and more! Reporting to the CFO, you would also have the opportunity to be involved in various projects and strategic initiatives.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• Competitive Compensation, RRSP, benefits plan, personal growth and development, and a solid accounting team
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Oversee accounts payables, receivables, and payroll
• Month end statement preparation and review for each division and performance of variance analysis
• Responsible for maintenance of the general ledgers and supporting ledgers
• Prepare various financial and management information reports, and perform operations analysis
• Supervise four accounting staff members
• Remittances and source deductions
Other value-added opportunities
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• Accounting designation, or currently enrolled in a professional designation program, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in preparing and analysing financial statements, budgets, and controllership functions
• Experience with financial and administrative processes, policies, procedures and regulations
• Experience in QuickBooks Online or any computerized accounting software including financial processes, reporting, accounts payables, receivables, and payroll
• Supervisory experience
• Experience with Microsoft Office including working with complex Excel functions and spreadsheets
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Camilla Timmer at West-Can HR, Camilla@wchrs.com. For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, email Camilla or call our office at 204-727-0008.
Only the applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR OUR CLIENT?
MWM Environmental is a fast-growing company that has quickly become a leading service provider in Southern Manitoba. The waste and recycling industry is a resilient and growing industry, and the position of Controller is a key role within their company. They are seeking a highly motivated individual that will embrace a leadership role within their company.
For more information, visit their website: https://www.mwmenviro.ca/
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
1. We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
2. We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them.
3. If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
4. The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.
Job type: Full-time