Posted on March 7, 2023. Primary Region: Westman Region, MB
Shark Ag Consulting
Do you have a background in agriculture and are passionate about the future of agronomy? The Agronomist works closely with clients to build relationships and support the success of their farming practices through agronomic advice and planning. This opportunity is located in Melfort, Saskatchewan and surrounding area.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• Competitive wage scale with performance-based initiatives and increases.
• Generous time off during the off seasons.
• 5% RSP matching program.
• Contribution to personal benefit plans.
• Vehicle provided with all expenses covered.
• Modern technology and devices provided.
• Industry leading professional development, training, and network access.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Deliver quality agronomic support to clients with emphasis on managing crop data and technology.
• Provide in-season support for scouting, soil sampling, and data collection.
• Assure customer satisfaction by providing exceptional agronomic advising and support.
• Consult with producers on agricultural issues, investigate potential challenges, and offer solutions.
• Demonstrate initiative and creativity in proactively developing customer relationships.
• See job description for further details.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• Combination of related education and experience.
• Must be willing to learn and have the ability to positively interact with and advise clients.
• Knowledge and understanding of crop input products and application (fertilizer, herbicides, fungicides, etc.).
• Ability to identify local weed species and be familiar with the biology and control of local pests.
• Experience with Ag Leader SMS and Trimble are a significant asset.
• Must live within assigned sales territory.
• Class 5 driver’s license is required.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Holly Van Zeben, HR Manager, email@example.com. For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, call our office at 204-727-0008.
Only the applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR OUR CLIENT?
The Shark Ag team is what sets them apart from other agronomy consultants, Shark Ag is farmers supporting farmers. Working with Shark Ag means being involved in the future of ag technology, working alongside a dedicate team, and enjoying a fun work culture. For more information, visit their website: https://www.sharkag.ca/home.html
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
1. We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
2. We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them.
3. If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
4. The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.
Job type: Full-time