Posted on March 8, 2023. Primary Region: Westman Region, MB
Looking for some summer part time work in a national park? Contribute to public safety and enjoy working in nature! We have Part Time and Casual Call-in (weekends) security positions for the summer, training starts in March so apply now! Position requires a federal government security clearance requiring candidates to have minimum of five years Canadian residency.
Commissionaires Manitoba has an exciting opportunity at Riding Mountain National Park. It is a summer term from May to September with full time and part time positions available. Be an ambassador for the park by providing visitor information and providing public safety by conducting patrols. We are looking for versatile and highly motivated individuals to augment our team. We offer competitive wages, flexible hours, uniforms, and training either virtually or in person to prepare you for this amazing opportunity.
As a successful candidate you must:
- Be able to conduct extensive foot patrols
- Conduct mobile patrols
- Perform access control
- Complete daily logs and write reports as necessary
- Ability to work both evenings and overnights (including weekends and holidays)
Skills and Qualifications.
- Possess or able to obtain a Manitoba Security Guard License
- Possess or able to obtain a current Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry check
- Have a valid Manitoba driver’s license (Class 5) and provide a drivers abstract
- Have strong attention to detail and able to follow direction
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to get a Reliability Clearance (5 years Canadian residency)
- Have basic computer skills (email, word, data entry in excel)
- Be certified or able to obtain Standard First Aid CPR Lvl C and AED
If you would enjoy working with our team of committed professionals, please complete our online application form at https://commissionaires.ca/en/careers/. Ensure you are in the Manitoba page and click on “Security Guard National Park” job ad.
In accordance with our mandate, applicants with service in the Canadian Forces or RCMP will be given preference, however all qualified applicants will be considered.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted
Job type: Part-time