Posted on March 9, 2023. Primary Region: Moose Jaw, SK
Assiniboia Childcare Services
Administrative, Education, Human Resources
The Assiniboia Child Care Services is looking for a full time Director who is a responsible, professional, mature, energetic and committed individual who enjoys working with children. We provide childcare for children between the ages of 12 months to 12 years old.
The executive director is responsible to ensure the provision of a quality childcare service which fulfils the philosophy of the centre and to ensure that the centre operates in compliance with the Child Care Act and the Child Care Regulations.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- To provide key information to the board and assist them in their decision and policy making function.
- Maintain accurate recordkeeping as required for the operation of the organization (staff files, childrens files, billings, fee collection, receipts, payroll etc.).
- Purchase services, supplies and equipment as needed according to operating budget.
- Research and apply for additional sources of funding.
- Complete annual licensing requirements
- Recruit quality staff members and encourage personal and professional growth
- Arrange staff scheduling to ensure ratios are maintained
- Perform regular performance reviews
Program/Child Development and Family Support:
- Ensure the overall safety and wellbeing of children enrolled at the centre.
- Ensure the implementation of appropriate developmental programming.
- Provide families with an orientation to the centre and ensure effective communication through the implementation of a variety of methods.
- Early Childhood Education (2 or 3) Certificate or Diploma
- Current First Aid/CPR or willingness to obtain
- Current clear criminal record check in the vulnerable sector
For further information regarding this position, please reach out to the listed email address, and a board member will contact you as soon as possible.
Job type: Full-time