Posted on March 13, 2023. Primary Region: Portage la Prairie, MB
Manufacturing, Skilled Trades
For the past 40 years, Nutri-Pea has specialized in the manufacture of food-grade protein isolates, starches and fibers. Headquartered in the Canadian Prairies, we are proud to provide our partners with high-quality functional food ingredients derived from yellow peas grown right here in Canada.
As part of the maintenance team the Maintenance Lead Hand will be responsible for the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company
• Monitor and carry out the mechanical, pneumatic and other repairs necessary for smooth operation of plant equipment and systems.
• Assist in organizing the maintenance activities within the department on an on-going and daily basis. This will include prioritizing maintenance activities based on company objectives and assigning the appropriate team member to the appropriate task.
• Participate and/or conduct morning Maintenance Meetings to ensure daily priorities, objectives and tasks are communicated effectively, understood, and carried out.
• Be present and participate in “Daily Production Meetings” and other company meetings when Manufacturing Manager is not available for meetings.
• Directly Supervise Maintenance Staff.
• Assist with interviewing, hiring and training Maintenance Employees. Aid with planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees. Aid with addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Assist with the department’s team building. Ensure that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated.
• Assist with the enforcement of the Safety Programs and Policies for the Maintenance Department and overall company safety programs. Review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all Maintenance Technicians.
• Communicate and work effectively with the production department to understand production-related issues and come up with strong solutions. Promote and encourage good work relationship between Maintenance Department and Production Department.
• Delegate, manage and follow through on Work Orders and Preventative Maintenance tasks. Have regular meetings with Manufacturing Manager to ensure work order list is current.
• Review the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Monitor the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and rigging/hoisting and safety equipment and assist with recording when necessary.
• Keep a safe and clean working environment in the work shop.
• Understand and enforce Food Safety, HACCP and SQF Requirements related to the Maintenance Department.
• Produce, maintain and update operating and training manuals for the Maintenance Department.
• Perform other duties as required by Manufacturing Manager
FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Follow GMP and SQF Practices
SKILLS REQUIRED (INCLUDE EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND PROFICIENCY):
• Certified Journeyman Millwright
• Subject to a clear criminal records check.
• Previous experience is considered an asset
• Complete company required Food Safety and Quality Training
• Participate in all required Health and Safety Training
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
• Compensation is commensurate with experience
• Benefits include RRSP, Health and Dental, Bonus potential, Vacation pay
Up to $44.72 per hour
• Company events
• Company pension
• Dental care
• Disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Extended health care
• Life insurance
• On-site parking
• Paid time off
• RRSP match
• Vision care
• Monday to Friday
• Day Shift
SUPPLEMENTAL PAY TYPES:
• Bonus pay
• Overtime pay
Job type: Full-time