Posted on March 14, 2023. Primary Region: Estevan, SK
Tundra Oil & Gas is a Manitoba-based oil and gas exploration and production company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Winnipeg-based James Richardson & Sons, Limited. Tundra’s head office is in Winnipeg, with additional offices in Virden and Calgary. At Tundra, we believe that our people are the foundation of our success, and we are dedicated to growing our company in a sustainable and disciplined way. This philosophy has served us well since our inception in 1980. Today, Tundra is a team 300-strong, and a leader in the Manitoba and southeast Saskatchewan oil industry. We take pride in supporting the communities in which we operate and stewarding the resources we manage for today and for the future. We are committed to working together and to getting everyone home safe every day.
Tundra is seeking a Reclamation Specialist (for an approximate 18-month term) based out of our Virden, Manitoba or Estevan, Saskatchewan office. The incumbent in this role will be eligible to participate in Tundra’s hybrid work schedule.
Reporting to the Manager, Land Reclamation a Reclamation Specialist is responsible for the coordination and supervision of Tundra’s abandonment program, which includes the surface restoration and rehabilitation of each ABD. The specialist is also responsible for emergency spill response and remediation projects within their area assigned.
Some specific duties, and responsibilities of a Reclamation Specialist include, but are not limited to:
• Follow and enforce all safety and security procedures
• Administer and conduct activities for reclamation projects
• Conduct on-site evaluations and analysis of environmental conditions, including soil, groundwater, surface water, and air quality characteristics.
• Conduct reclamation activities of disturbed land and water bodies.
• Develop remediation and restoration plans
• Secure applicable federal and provincial environmental approvals and certificates.
• Liaise with landowners and regulatory bodies.
• Evaluate and monitor reclamation projects, including site preparation, remediation, reclamation, sampling protocols and results.
• Completion of paperwork, analyzing data, and preparing reports.
• Communicating on the phone and in meetings with clients, stakeholders, and government departments.
• Presenting reclamation plans and recommendations to management.
• Developing reclamation plans, including preparing environmental applications, generating contracts, and managing budgets.
• Researching reclamation techniques and consulting with other reclamation specialists and professionals.
• Assessments and inspection of abandonment and spill sites.
• Conducting Detailed Site Assessments.
• Identify deficiencies and provide mitigation measures.
• Collecting soil and water samples and recording data.
• Interpretation of soil and water analytical results.
• GIS and Drone requirements
• Other related duties as required.
Candidates for this position will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
• University Degree or Undergraduate Degree in Environmental Studies, Environmental Sciences, Biology, or Environmental Engineering
• Technical Diploma focusing on: Land and Water Management, Air Quality Management, or Soil Sciences
• Environmental Professional and/or Professional Agrologist is considered an asset
• 3-5 years’ experience in Reclamation activities are required
• Previous experience in the Oil & Gas industry is required.
• Knowledge of Manitoba and Saskatchewan environmental legislation and regulations is required.
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office suite of programs, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook are required.
• Must be able to gather, analyze, and assemble a variety of technical information.
• Must be results driven and able to interpret project needs and implement solutions.
• Proficient in Arc GIS, Arc Map Online, and Arc Map Pro; input and interpretation
• Ability to operate a drone is an asset
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
• The ability to work independently without direct supervision, along with the ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
• Ability to be flexible and multi-task by quickly adapting to changing requirements, special assignments, and workload prioritization.
• Attention to detail coupled with the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, with policies, laws and regulations, and safety related correspondence
• A high level of self-motivation and initiative, along with the desire to continually improve.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Adhere to the safety accountabilities as per Tundra’s Safety Policy.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team, please visit the Employment section of our website at www.tundraoilandgas.com and apply on-line to submit your cover letter and resume by end of day March 26, 2023. This position will remain open for applications until filled.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest; however only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Job type: Term