Posted on March 14, 2023. Primary Region: Brandon, MB
Job Title: Student Services Administrator
Job Advertisement #: 2023WSD013
Number of Positions: 1
Job Type: Part - Time Permanent (0.5 FTE)
Contract: Teacher General
Location: Western School Division
Employment Dates: September 5, 2023
Salary: As per Collective Agreement
Closing Date: March 31, 2023
Western School Division is seeking applications to fill the position of half-time Student Services Administrator.
The Student Services Administrator is an integral part of the divisional team, reporting to the Assistant Superintendent of Schools. S/he works closely with principals, clinicians, and resource teachers to support and promote the policies, initiatives, and direction of Western School Division.
The Student Services Administrator shall focus in the area of educational support services and will support the Assistant Superintendent with long term planning, coordination, development and evaluation of programs in the areas of student services. This would include (but not necessarily be limited to) exceptional student education, clinical services, resource teacher services, counselling services, education assistant support, Indigenous student support, programming for students at risk, medical interventions and English as an Additional Language.
The successful candidate will be compassionate, an advocate for students, and shall demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement and high student achievement for all. S/he shall facilitate a diversity of programming and student services and support collaborative decision-making and school-based planning.
Qualifications and attributes for this position include:
• A Manitoba Special Education Coordinator’s Certificate
• A Manitoba Teacher’s Certificate
• A minimum of 5 years of teaching in the field of Special Education along with previous progressive experience in educational program planning and administrative planning at a school or divisional level.
• Strong advocacy of divisional initiatives that support and enhance student achievement.
• Superior communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and recognized involvement in building effective relationships with students, staff, families and community partners.
• Fluency in the French language is highly desirable.
• Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
• High level of proficiency in computer technology and administrative skills.
• Visible commitment to excellence and professionalism.
• Broad knowledge of current educational trends and instructional methods to support student services.
A condition of employment with the Western School Division is a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Search, Child Abuse Registry Check and an agreement by the applicant to disclose criminal record and/or Abuse Registry record information to the Division. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. Persons must present this information prior to their first day of work.
The Western School Division is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment to all applicants starting with the hiring process. Should you be contacted for the interview, please advise the Division if any restrictions require accommodation. All information received regarding the accommodation will be kept confidential.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are requested to indicate in their cover letter the Job Advertisement # for the position to which they are applying. Please submit an application package in confidence, complete with an application form (www.westernsd.mb.ca), resume, 3 current professional references, as well as a statement of philosophy of education/special education, by March 31st, 2023 to:
Western School Division
Attn.: Human Resources, Job Advertisement #2023WSD013
Unit 4-75 Thornhill Street
Morden, Manitoba R6M 1P2
Job type: Part-time