Posted on March 16, 2023. Primary Region: Portage la Prairie, MB
Agriculture, Labour, Manufacturing
Buffalo Creek Mills is an oat processing facility located one mile north of Altona, Manitoba. As a company, we take pride in making a positive impact on our local and global communities by providing quality food-safe oat products.
Our company values individuals who take initiative to create a positive work environment, embrace teamwork, and want to grow with the company. Buffalo Creek Mills is successful because of the hard-working, passionate, and authentic people who work here. If this speaks to you and the values that you hold, a career at Buffalo Creek Mills may be right for you.
• Responsible for the continuous operation of the Oat Mill, Pellet Mill, and Stabilization equipment
• Responsible for making judgement calls in the event of equipment or quality failures.
• Responsible for ensuring optimal run time, quality, and quantity.
• Responsible to ensure the shift goals, orders, and objectives are completed accurately and on-time.
• Responsible to perform milling tasks, including equipment adjustments, maintenance, and monitoring.
• Responsible to provide guidance, leadership, and daily instruction to the Production team.
• Responsible for ensuring samples are taken, and the quality of the product meets the specifications of the orders.
• Responsible for traceability and inspection documentation, ensuring it is complete and accurate.
• Responsible to ensure the production areas are clean and organized and meet food safety and health and safety regulations.
• Experience in a milling industry.
• Demonstrated ability to manage timelines and priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and guide others.
• Demonstrated experience in a leadership role.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
• Computer literate, organized, and detail oriented.
• Demonstrated general mechanical knowledge, and the ability to troubleshoot.
• Full time, Monday through Sunday, 7:00pm to 7:00am, with 6 shifts in a bi-weekly period.
• Immediate start date.
• Buffalo Creek Mills offers a competitive wage scale as well as a comprehensive benefits package and pension plan.
Job type: Full-time