Posted on March 16, 2023. Primary Region: Morden & Winkler, MB
Key Areas of Responsibility
· Manages an organized, purposeful, and inclusive program specific to our mission, including a safe, healthy, hazard-free environment and a well-planned curriculum by which the needs of children and families are met
· Manages all aspects of the centre's operations including ensuring compliance with government regulations and all operating policies as established by the Board of Directors
· Manages the centre's finances including preparing the centre's budget, forecasting, monitoring and recording revenue and expenditures in collaboration with Treasurer and bookkeeper, implementing the collection of subsidy and parent fees and reviewing regular financial statements
· Provides leadership to the staff team which includes recruitment of new employees, orientation and training, performance management and the maintenance of personnel records
· Manages the relationships with the public, parents and educational institutions by sharing information, promoting the goals and objectives of our centre, and working cooperatively with the community and other stakeholders to ensure common goals are achieved
· Works in partnership with a volunteer Board of Directors to develop and implement various policies and procedures and to oversee the governance of the organization.
· Maintains a high level of professionalism including confidentiality, ethical and professional behaviour, continuous personal and professional development, and participation in provincial and national child care organizations
Education & Training Required
· Must be qualified as an ECE III
· An ECE Ill must have successfully completed a currently approved ECE II program and a specialized program recognized by the Child Care Education Program Approval Committee, or a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Developmental Studies, Stream C-Child Development and Child Care from the University of Winnipeg
· Will consider an ECE II who is currently enrolled in an approved program to obtain an ECE III.
· Cleared background checks and First Aid/CPR certification are conditions of employment
· Minimum 5 years experience in a childcare environment with some supervisory/management experience required
Job type: Full-time