Posted on March 17, 2023. Primary Region: Portage la Prairie, MB
Are you interested in working for a company that partners with local farmers to produce sustainable, healthy oat ingredients to feed the world? Just west of Winnipeg, O Foods is building the most advanced oat mill in North America to meet growing global demand. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Paterson GlobalFoods, we have strong roots in Canadian agriculture and believe in delivering value to the entire food supply chain.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Industrial Electrician will participate in the installation, start-up, commissioning, and maintenance of the plant electrical and control systems. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to supervise the installation, gaining an in-depth understanding of the systems prior to maintaining them.
• Be responsible for the repair and maintenance of all electrical systems
through a combination of contractor supervision and hands-on work.
• Maintain and troubleshoot PLC and instrumentation within the site
• Supervise and manage any electrical contractors on-site, with a focus on
safety and food safety.
• Build and contribute to a plant-wide safety culture, believing in zero injuries.
• Advise and participate in commissioning and installation of new mill and
• Participate in a respectful work environment where employees can bring
forward not only ideas and improvements but concerns of all nature,
including safety and harassment issues.
• Utilize the CMMS including creation of notifications and completion of work
• Take electrical line calls and complete all jobs as assigned
• Participate in the troubleshooting of issues, including root cause analysis
and corrective actions.
• Ensure all electrical work is done following applicable regulations
• Participate in mill operational meetings looking to eliminate pain points and
find opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Be willing and able to be on-call on a regular basis to support the mill team.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Red Seal Electrician (required).
• 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
• Strong knowledge of PLC hardware, PLC programming, instrumentation
• Experience in food processing considered an asset.
• Working knowledge of electrical code and applicable standards
• Experience in installation, commissioning, and start-ups.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Attractive compensation package including company paid medical & dental
• Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs;
• On the job training & development and career growth opportunities;
• Paid vacation and personal days.
• Employee Referral Program (up to $1000 per successful referral)
To be considered, please apply directly to our website https://www.ofoods.ca/careers/ or send us an email at email@example.com
O Foods Ltd is passionate about oats and strives to be the innovation partner throughout the supply chain from farmers to consumers. We want to be the preferred oat ingredient supplier by collaborating to create value and sustained growth for all stakeholders.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected further in the process will be contacted.
O Foods Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and is committed in building a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.
Job type: Permanent