Posted on March 17, 2023. Primary Region: Portage la Prairie, MB
Are you interested in working for a company that partners with local farmers to produce sustainable, healthy oat ingredients to feed the world? Just west of Winnipeg, O Foods is building the most advanced oat mill in North America to meet growing global demand. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Paterson Global Foods, we have strong roots in Canadian agriculture and believe in delivering value to the entire food supply chain.
Reporting to the Head Miller - this position will provide excellence in coaching, communication, and direction to milling staff. As a Lead Miller, you will be responsible for operating all milling equipment in the production of oat-based ingredient. You will be operating the latest technology milling equipment.
• Leads the shift team and operates all oat milling manufacturing systems
including cleaning, dehull, kilning and flaking.
• Ensures the shift is adhering to all safety regulations and that any non-
compliances are corrected and documented.
• Oversees the milling operations and makes appropriate adjustments to meet
product specifications and operational performance targets.
• Coaches and trains milling staff to problem solve and promotes an inclusive
culture that seeks continuous improvements.
• Participates in daily shift change meetings.
• Make equipment adjustments and perform minor maintenance as needed.
• Test products to ensure quality standards are met.
• Complete documentation in accordance with all policies and procedures.
• Operates in accordance with all food safety requirements and assists with
• Participate in all in-house relevant training.
• Maintain cleaning standards in all areas of the mill.
• Participate in a respectful work environment where employees can bring
forward not only ideas and improvements but concerns of all nature, including
• Other duties as assigned.
• Grade 12 or equivalent.
• 3-5 years of Milling experience.
• Ability to lead staff, ability to develop good working relationships and work
• Must be able to work shift work.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
• Physically capable of lifting up to 25KG.
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to work in a processing environment (steam processing, heights, no dust
• Food Processing background.
• Able to complete respirator fit testing.
• Attractive compensation package including company paid medical & dental
• Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs.
• Employee Referral Program.
• On the job training & development, and career growth opportunities.
• Paid vacation and personal days.
To be considered, please apply directly to our website https://www.ofoods.ca/careers/
O Foods Ltd is passionate about oats and strives to be the innovation partner throughout the supply chain from farmers to consumers. We want to be the preferred oat ingredient supplier by collaborating to create value and sustained growth for all stakeholders.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected further in the process will be contacted.
O Foods Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and is committed in building a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.
Job type: Permanent