Posted on March 17, 2023. Primary Region: Portage la Prairie, MB
Are you interested in working for a company that partners with local farmers to produce sustainable, healthy oat ingredients to feed the world? Just west of Winnipeg, O Foods is building the most advanced oat mill in North America to meet growing global demand. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Paterson Global Foods, we have strong roots in Canadian agriculture and believe in delivering value to the entire food supply chain.
Reporting to the Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA) Manager, the Quality Assurance Lead will participate in the installation, calibration, and maintenance of the laboratory equipment. The successful candidate will also participate in the organization and set up of the laboratory which will include learning the methods, reporting the results, and generation of Certificate of Analysis’. This position will support the FSQA Manager as a back up to ensure that QA programs are compliant with the GFSI audit scheme as well as USFDA and CFIA regulations.
• Execute the laboratory methods as established by quality department. Train
new hires on methods. Retain all training records for the laboratory team.
• Confirm laboratory equipment are maintained and function properly, and that
adequate parts and supplies are available in storage.
• Tabulated results to be entered into laboratory notebooks and Excel files as
• When required, confirm results for finished product are within specification and
authorize the release of the product.
• Prepare and send samples to external laboratories, follow-up on progress and
update results accordingly.
• Ship qualification samples to customers with the support of the laboratory
• Perform and participate in sensory evaluation on finished product.
• Organize and manage the retain samples in the storage room.
• Regularly clean working areas in the laboratory.
• Support internal/external audits including GMP inspections on-site.
• Participate in mock recall exercises.
• Assist with complaint investigations including completion of corrective actions
with support of O Foods team members.
• Standard Operating Procedure development and maintenance for the Quality
• Verify HACCP compliance documentation with support of FSQA Manager.
• Build and contribute to a plant-wide workplace and food safety culture,
believing in zero injuries.
• Participate in a respectful work environment where employees can bring
forward not only ideas and improvements but concerns of all nature, including
safety and harassment issues.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A technical diploma from a recognized college coupled with 2-3 years’
laboratory experience in the food or related industry.
• B.Sc. / BA in Chemistry, Food Science, Biology, Agriculture or Microbiology or
other relatable science degree is highly preferred.
• Experience in commissioning and start-ups considered an asset.
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
• Attractive compensation package including company paid medical & dental
• Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs.
• Employee Referral Program.
• On the job training & development and career growth opportunities.
• Paid vacation and personal days.
To be considered, please apply directly to our website https://www.ofoods.ca/careers/
O Foods Ltd is passionate about oats and strives to be the innovation partner throughout the supply chain from farmers to consumers. We want to be the preferred oat ingredient supplier by collaborating to create value and sustained growth for all stakeholders.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected further in the process will be contacted.
O Foods Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and is committed in building a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage women, aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.
Job type: Permanent