Posted on March 17, 2023. Primary Region: Steinbach, MB
Swine Technician – Sow PM Shift
Why join our team?
HyLife is a global leader in food processing. Our vision is to be the best food company in the world. To achieve this, we need talented people like you to join our team. HyLife creates limitless opportunities for passionate individuals, and we have an exciting new career opportunity located in La Broquerie (and surrounding areas), Steinbach, St. Pierre, St. Malo, Vita, Morris, Gladstone, Brunkild, Killarney and Kola for you to explore!
• Culturally diverse – employ people from all over the world
• Fully integrated facility –Feed Mills, Barns, Transportation, and Production Plant
• 4000+ employees worldwide
• We Care about our employees, communities, customers, animals, and our environment
What we can offer you:
• Competitive Wage
• Vacation in the first year
• Benefits package – dental coverage, vision care, extended health care, & more!
• Secure, stable, and permanent full-time employment
• Employee Referral program – Minimum of $500!
• Company events and more!!!
Your evenings will include:
• Assisting sows, check sows during farrowing every 20-30 minutes.
• Dry piglets, move them to the sow’s teats or heat mat
• Split suckling, ensuring all piglets have a turn on the udder
• Batching, move piglets accordingly if too many for a sow to handle-count functional teats
• Tape up spraddle leg piglets
• Recording of farrowings
• Scrape manure out of crates
To succeed in this role, you must possess:
• 2+ years of farrowing experience preferred
• Can read animal behavior
• Understands the farrowing process
• Can execute internal examinations on sows
• Understands piglet behavior
• Self-motivated, Organized, Independent and Trustworthy
Ways to apply: Online at http://hylife.com/current-opportunities/
HyLife has an accommodation process for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation during your employment because of a disability, please contact Jobs@hylife.com. An HR representative will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and our accommodation policy can be forwarded upon request.
We want it to be YOU! Come join our HyLife team.
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted
Job type: Full-time