Posted on May 16, 2023. Primary Region: Swift Current, SK
Farmers Edge is a global leader in agriculture technology! We produce industry leading technologies, software and digital tools that enable customers around the world to grow more sustainably, maximize profitability, and minimize risk.
Our Team Members are passionate, enterprising individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment. We offer a competitive total compensation package that may include a co-paid insurance plan, annual bonuses, vacation time, a generous sick leave plan, and options for retirement savings, in addition to the base salary.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will play a key role in delivering agronomic support to growers in the region. As a Digital Agronomist, you will:
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Agriculture
- Strong understanding of Agronomy/Precision Agronomy, including regional farming practices, knowledge of fertilizer and seed, drainage regulations and farm equipment
- CCA accreditation preferred; willingness to obtain this designation is required
- Previous experience doing data collection for R&D purposes, growth staging, recognizing disease, weeds, growth, and other environmental pressures.
- A history of working with high tech hardware and software; technologically inclined
- Self-motivated with a genuine drive to provide great customer service
The ideal candidate will be working from home from a location that fits within the territory, and be willing to travel* throughout the territory.
Live Life at the Edge!
*The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of, and maintain an acceptable driving record, consistent with our Vehicle Use Policies, to be eligible for employment with Farmers Edge.
Farmers Edge is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and collaborating with team members and candidates to identify and remove barriers to employment. We welcome and encourage applications from all persons and will work to find reasonable accommodations at all stages of recruitment and throughout a team member's employment.
Job type: Full-time