Posted on May 17, 2023. Primary Region: Westman Region, MB
Do you see yourself as an organized, detail-oriented person with a strong work ethic? EMCO Corporation is looking for an individual to join their team in Brandon who enjoys endless opportunities to develop and wants to build a career with a culture that supports every step of the way!
As Canada’s largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry, EMCO is committed to investing in its people and helping individuals to grow with the company. Apply today and start your career with EMCO!
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• Competitive wage scale, benefits plan along with significant profit sharing
• Development opportunities, great mentors, and on-the-job training
• Role autonomy
• Supportive team and peer support
• Participation in company pension plan with employer contributions
• A career with a solid, stable company with strong core value
• Work-life balance
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Operate in a safe manner complying with all health, safety, and environmental requirements to ensure own and safety of others.
• Safe and efficient movement of product within the warehouse and yard.
• Unloading and loading of trucks.
• Picking, packaging, and shipping transfers and customer orders.
• Operation of material handling equipment, including forklifts and pallet jacks.
• Input data regarding stock and inventory into a computerized system.
• Answer phones for incoming orders providing strong customer service and follow up with customers on items ready for pick-up.
• Order entry into computer system and expediting of product.
• Responding to stock and price inquiries.
• Uphold our Core Values and Ethics with every interaction.
• Other duties as required.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED:
• Warehouse and inventory management experience is preferred. Plumbing and heating product knowledge is considered an asset.
• Grade 12 diploma or equivalent is required.
• Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
• Previous sales and customer service experience is preferred.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to lift between 50 - 70 lbs.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
Emco is one of Canada’s leading national distributors of building products for the residential, commercial, and industrial construction markets. Emco is a leader in each of its businesses, with opportunities for tremendous growth. At the same time, Emco continues to innovate, by developing new methods to efficiently serve its expanding customer base. Our business is growing and we’re hungry for talented people. Find us on the web at www.emcoltd.com.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Emco is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. Emco is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Job type: Full-time