Posted on May 17, 2023. Primary Region: Westman Region, MB
Shilo Farm Ltd
Looking for an opportunity to utilize your mechanical skills? Want to complete your apprenticeship and develop a career as a Truck and Trailer Mechanic? Shilo Farms Ltd. is looking for a hard working and safety-oriented individual to join their team. If you are looking for growth and are ready for the next step in your career, this will be a perfect opportunity for you!
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• Competitive wage scale with performance-based incentives.
• Paid vacation time.
• Comprehensive benefits plan.
• Housing accommodation is available.
• Opportunities for training, professional development, and career growth.
• Relocation assistance available (within Canada).
• Well established shop setting and equipment.
• Boot allowance provided.
• Supportive team environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Complete quality diagnostics and repairs on all heavy-duty trucks, trailers, and equipment on the farm.
• Perform preventative maintenance on trucks and equipment and follow a routine maintenance schedule.
• Maintain an accurate record of repairs completed and parts used.
• Promote a clean and safe work environment.
• Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• Combination of related experience and education are required, certified journeyman is preferred.
• Familiar with the tools of the trade, must be personally equipped with adequate supply of tools required for the position.
• Strong ability to troubleshoot and effectively solve mechanical issues.
• Must have a valid Class 5 Drivers License.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 75 pounds and perform physically demanding tasks.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Jie, at West-Can HR, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, call our office at 204-727-0008.
Only the applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR OUR CLIENT?
Shilo Farms Ltd. is an agricultural company that primarily farms potatoes. The farm is a locally owned and is located 10 miles east of Brandon. Shilo Farms Ltd. has a warm and supportive environment and welcomes all new employees to join their team.
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
1. We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
2. We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them.
3. If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
4. The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.
Job type: Full-time